I found the infamous Darkling Tag on Mad Magpie’s blog and thought “why not?” since this will be a week when my blog is pretty dead even though I’m very much occupied with living.
1.What is your favourite candle scent? I’m depressing and not into scented candles. I thought that was an old lady thing, not a goff thang.
2. Do you have a favourite book? So many favorites in so many genres. But off the top of my head, John Ajvide Lindqvist for horror, Neil Gaiman for Fantasy and Chuck Palahniuk and Haruki Murakami for fiction. But one of the greatest books I”ve ever read must be The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson. It’s just amazing to the point where I have to read once more (just one more time…).
3. Are you a tea or coffee person? Coffee. Strong, no sugar, no weird wanna-be-coffee-but-really-it’s-milkshake. But I love tea too.
4. What is your favourite brand & colour of lipstick? I’ve grown really fond of NYX Soft Matt Lip Cream in Transylvania.
5. What is your favourite perfume/cologne? I’m super mainstream and fond of Overdose by Diesel but is extremely fascinated by Death and Decay by Lush too.
6. Do you have a celebrity crush? So many, I think they’re mainly based on characters they play in movies and series though. But I’d probably black out if I ever met some of my band crushes too.
7. If you had to give up the colour black, what colour would you choose instead? Really, really dark purple. At least if I had to wear to the same extent as I wear black today (99,2% of the time)
8. If you could change your name to a stereotypical 90s/2000s gothy name, what would it be? If I’d changed it back then I would’ve called myself Elvira but today I’d go for Vanadis (from Norse mythology).
9. What are your top three tips for surviving hot weather while black clad? Choose light (as in not thick) fabrics and wear big ass hats.
10. What song will always make you happy (doesn’t have to be a goth band)? Whatever you got, I’m against it by Murderdolls. I love that song.
11. Are you active in the arts (ex. Play an instrument, paint, write, etc)? I’m pretty deep into photography. And writing. I like sewing too but it’s more easy DIY atm.
12. If you had a teacup/mug inscribed just for you, what would you have it say? I like what mine already says.
13. What is your number one non-gothy hobby? Nature photography.
14. If you could be a supernatural creature, what would it be & why? A dragon or a shapeshifter. Or maybe a vampire.
15. What horror monster-based super power would you have? The ability to shapeshift into a dragon!
16. Do you feel confident or comfortable interacting with other Goths/gothy people? Why or why not? I just hate all people equally.
17. Which is more important for a look: Great hair or great makeup? I think the most important thing is that you’re happy with how you look, not how others perceive you. Stop creating boxes for everything, be creative instead.
18. Is there something you wish there was more of in your subculture? Acceptance towards others within and outside of the subculture.
19. Care to share an embarrassing story related to your “darkliness”? I’m not easily embarrassed but I’m very clumsy which means I fall a lot and have bruises all over, I suddenly realize my eye makeup is on my ear and that I have yet again tucked my mini skirt into the fishnets after visited the bathroom. But it’s cool, I’m used to it.
20. How are you at DIY? I do just fine.
21. Quickly describe your ideal wedding. I’m in a coma and don’t have to deal with anything around it. Of course I’ll be wearing the sexiest hospital gown there is in the wedding photos.
Confessional (aka True or False) Questions
- I love watching cheesy romance films: Nah.
- I ALWAYS remember to wash off my makeup at night: Almost always.
- I sleep with plushies: False. We’re already two persons and two cats in there so…no.
- I wear non-black pjs most nights: False. I wear black band shirts or no pj’s at all.
- I still listen to a boy band that had disbanded years ago: False. But then again, I don’t even know if they have broken up either.
- I think Andrew Eldritch is overrated: False.
- I don’t like vampires: False
- I don’t like clubs: True. I’m not very social. But ponce in a while it can be fun to go out.
- I’m dating a goth/darkly-inclined person: He’s a wolf in sheep’s clothing.
- I don’t enjoy graveyards: False, I’m slightly obsessed with cemeteries.
- Blood makes me queasy: False. Blood is sort of lovely.
- I’d sooner faint than pet a spider: False.
- I don’t like haunted houses: False. I find the hysterically funny.
- I still browse Hot Topic’s clearance racks: Have never shopped there. US phenomenon.
- I’ve never read Dracula: False. And you should too.
- I think “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” is a long & boring song: FALSE.
So there. Tag, you’re it.